NBS Smoke Density Chamber
It has been proved to be one of the most versatile fire testing instruments since its inception in the 1980s. It is the most widely accepted apparatus for the measurement of smoke from burning materials and measures specific optical density under flaming and non-flaming conditions. It is also used for the extraction of toxic gas.
- The inner dimensions of the chamber are 914mm±3mm long, 914mm±3mm high and 610mm±3mm deep.
- The inner surface is coated with Teflon, which is resistant to chemical attack and corrosion and easily cleaned.
- Test chamber with full width opening door, allowing easy access for sample loading and chamber cleaning.
- Provided with a hinged front-mounted door with an observation window and a removed opaque door cover to the window to prevent light entering into the chamber.
- Chamber walls are pre-heated for easier start-up and convenient equipment operation.
- Safety explode device, easily replaceable, allows for safe operation of test method.
- Two optical windows, each with a diameter of 75mm, mounted in the top and bottom of cabinet.
- The light measuring system is consisted of incandescent lamp and photomultiplier tube.
- Provided with range-extension filter in the light path, adjusting the accuracy of instrument under the any scale.
- Conical heater, rates 2600 W at 230 V with a heat output up to 50 kW/m2.
- Auto split shutter automatically opened to transmit radiation to the sample, auto ignited pilot flame.
- Heat flux meter, uses for setting the irradiance level at the surface of the specimens, the range from 0-100kW/m2.
- Furnace heater for vertical mounted, rates 550W at 110 V with a heat output up to 25 kW/m2.
- The movement of sample is controlled by air cylinder automatically.
- Air cooled calorimeter for setting the irradiance level at the surface of the specimens.
- No pilot flame and pilot flame modes provided. Digital display flow rate of air and propane.
- Gas measurement ports are provided, for optional measurements of toxic gases.
- 19 analysis rack, 15 touch screen panel type PC for the whole control and automatic testing.
- DAQ (Data Acquisition) program controllable with the touch screen panel PC.
- Model No.: SDB
- Dimensions: Approx. 1560mm(W) × 2220mm(H) × 1060mm(D)
- Weight: Approx. 210kg
- Voltage: AC 220V 50Hz 30A
- User Manual: Available.
- Gas Supply: Propane, purity not less than 95%
- Others: Compressed Air (6bar).
Download PDF Datasheet