Oxygen index is the most economical and precise test to evaluate the combustion ability of various material. It’s widely used for plastic, textile, building material industries.
During the test, a small specimen is supported vertically in a mixture of oxygen and nitrogen flowing upwards through a transparent glass chimney. The top of the specimen is ignited, and observe the subsequent burning behavior, such as burning length and burning time, to determine the specimen is ignited or not. By testing of a series of specimens in different oxygen concentrations, the limited oxygen index is determined.
The Motis Oxygen Index Tester (Model No. OI) is designed to comply with ASTM D 2863 & ISO 4589-2 requirement. Adopt electrochemistry type oxygen sensor for measuring mixture oxygen concentration precisely. Needle valves and calibrated flow meter on individual and mixed gas supply lines, provide continuous and stable mixture gas flow to specimen. These make tests repeatable and reproducible.
- Electrochemistry oxygen sensor for assessing accurate oxygen (< 0.1%) levels.
- Display of nitrogen and oxygen gas flow by flow meters.
- Digital display of oxygen percentage in atmosphere during test (no calculations needed).
- High temperature resistant quartz glass tube, can withstand a higher test temperature.
- Gas ignition device, easily adjust the length of the flame.
- Sample holders for both rigid and flexible samples supplied.
- Fast response time.
- Repeatability: ± 0.1% Oxygen
- Linearity: ± 0.1% Oxygen
- Flame igniter, portable and easy-to-use
- Model No.: OI
- Dimensions: Approx. 370mm(W) × 300mm(H) × 480mm(D)
- Weight: Approx. 8kg
- Voltage: AC 220V 50Hz 10A
- User Manual: Available.
- Gas Supply: Oxygen and Nitrogen not less than 98%
- Others: Compressed Air (6bar), fume cupboard.
Download PDF Datasheet